In Ghana, CHISU is working with the centre for health information management, the Ghana Health Service, and the National Malaria Control Program to strengthen the systems for collecting malaria related data & improve data quality processes and analytics to contribute to the malaria program.
CHISU’s work involves the following activities:
- Contribute to health systems outcomes by the improved use of quality data.
- Champion the importance of gender in HIS design and decision making.
- Ensure that data security principles are considered in national guidelines.
- Assess the interoperability readiness between malaria data apps and DHIMS2.
- Strengthen health workforce capacity and organizational processes to improve data use and analysis for decision-making.
- Improve use of quality health data for tracking coverage and health trends.
- Enhance data analytics, visualization, and interpretation to inform decisions.