Gender considerations and sensitivities are unquestionably an important lens to view strengthening health information systems (HIS) and digital transformation. If gender integration is associated with merely collecting and reporting male vs. female health care recipients, who and what other factors are we overlooking? The answer might be much more than we expect, and the consequences are far reaching.
The Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU) has been working with the Governments of Burkina Faso, Ghana, and Indonesia to intentionally and systematically integrate gender considerations in HIS strengthening interventions. This webinar will discuss their experiences.
- Dr. Godwin Afenyadu, Resident Advisor, CHISU Ghana
- Dr. Andrews Ayim, Deputy Director, Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Division (PPMED), Ghana Health Service
- Dr. Rahim Kebe, Resident Advisor, CHISU Burkina Faso
- Leah McManus, Resident Advisor, CHISU Indonesia
- Raissa Ouedraogo, Director of Communications, Ministry of Health, Burkina Faso
- Dian Sulistiyowati, Head of Information System Standardization Working Group, Center for Data and Information Technology, Ministry of Health, Indonesia
Dr. Stephanie Watson-Grant, Deputy Program Director, CHISU
In case you missed any of CHISU's previous webinar events, please visit our YouTube page.